Many verses in the Bible instruct us to serve others and to share with those who are less fortunate than ourselves, whether we give our time, money, or talents. We encourage everyone at Timberridge to get involved in helping people outside our walls, as individuals, groups, or families.
Some of the ways we help our local community include:
- Collecting non-perishable food or other items for Helping In His Name Food Pantry
- Volunteering each month to help work at the Food Pantry
- Collecting school supplies or other items for Haven House, a local domestic violence shelter
- Assembling bags of personal care items through our Bag Brigade, which shares them with people in need
- Working with other groups to help feed the homeless in our area
Timberridge members also volunteer with and support Connecting Henry
, The Fuller Center for Housing
, Piedmont Henry Hospital
, local schools, and more. There are so many ways to share our gifts! We can help you find one if you’re searching. Contact Jane Waller, Outreach elder.